A healthy Christian faith is actively interested in understanding how the Lordship of Christ is integrated into every area of life. Each year Faith Formation Honorariums will be awarded by the Ottawa Christian Reformed Campus Chaplaincy (OCRCC) to students wanting to engage in development of their faith, leadership and calling. Successful applicants must commit themselves to two avenues of participation in the OCRCC and the “Let There Be…” campus club.
1. A commitment to approximately 1-2 hours a week (average) towards organization and participation in OCRCC activities. Duties will be based on personal gifts and program needs as discussed and arranged with OCRCC chaplain. Some possibilities may include: Feast & Faith organization, Veritas Conference Organization, Spiritual Retreats, Mission Learning Trips/Ventures, Social Media Coordination or Community building activities. Each intern will be assigned one particular role. (see below).
2. Bi-weekly Meetings (6 per semester) with OCRCC chaplain to read and discuss two books. One book (1st Semester) will be aimed at engaging a robust Christian Worldview and will be read together with the other interns. The second book (2nd Semester) will engage the Christian Faith in the student’s particular field of study and or calling. This reading will be done with the Chaplain and you are encouraged to invite others in your field of study to participate in this reading.
Each intern will provide leadership for various areas of OCRCC ministry. The primary roles are:
1. Feast & Faith Intern – This student will help coordinate the Wednesday night meals. This includes communicating and coordinating with those preparing meals, making sure that everything is set up for the evening, coordinating clean up and writing thank-you notes to supper makers and guest speakers.
2. Fellowship & Communication Intern – This student will take the lead in organizing one fellowship activity a month in agreement with other interns. This person will also maintain facebook communication with participating OCRCC students, reminding them of events, coordinate postering when necessary and be the primary spokesperson for all SFUO needs.
3. Special Projects Intern – This student will sit on the Veritas Planning committee as well as be the lead planner of one or two justice/service projects and/or a spiritual retreat depending upon the nature and scope of the project(s). These projects will be planned in consultation with the other interns and the OCRCC chaplain.
Interns will receive an honorarium of $500 per semester ($1000 total) for their acceptance into and successful participation in this program. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible. Applications received by March 17th will be given priority. Selected students will be notified by April 1st. If chosen, OCRCC interns will be expected to be in Ottawa by the Friday August 29 (Friday before the Labour Day weekend) for orientation and 101 week organization.
Application can downloaded here: Integrating Christian Faith Internship Application 2015